07 April 2010

a couple of challenges with one card...and a baby shower invite

Hello, friends:}


As promised, I have some Nina Brackett goodness to share today:}
 
My first card was created for Nina's sketch challenge [ends April 10], SPCC#42 color challenge, and Moxie Fab's Picking Up the Pieces challenge. I love this digital cake image by Nina Brackett (Squigglefly), as well as the sentiment. Super pretty! As soon as I saw the color combo over at SPCC, I knew I had to make a wedding card! And then as I was paper piecing the cake, I knew it was good for the Moxie Fab challenge! I love love love when I can make a card that fits several challenges:} I know it is hard to see--but the eggplant card stock is metallic. The top and bottom of the cake has been embossed with polka dots, and the bow and the cake's middle layer was spritzed with shimmer mist (perfect pearls). I know these pics are not the greatest--so if anyone has suggestions for photographing metallic paper or white embossed designs...please leave a comment!! 


My second card is the baby shower invite for my friend, Court. I had to block out some information on the card, but you get the idea. All images used are Nina Brackett's Squigglefly digital images. ACK--love love love these birds! I paper pieced them as well. The branch I used my watercolor pencils for a soft effect. Love these invites. Simple. I actually got the idea of using birds and making a CAS invite from the picture on the right. **NOTE:: When I first started looking at designs, I didn't write down the names or blogs of where I saw these. I'm getting better at writing these things down! There is hope:}
Well...I'm off for a meeting and tutoring...and more and more! Thanks so much for stopping by! I've got the cutest card to share for tomorrow for another Play Date Cafe challenge!! Super fun! Love when we visit:}
Until next time~
Love, Sav

15 comments:

Emily said...

That card is so perfect! I love it!!

Emily-SP Diva

Susan said...

What an elegant cake! Thank you for joining us at SPCC.

StampinCathy said...

That wedding card is awesome and love that bling bling cake. Your baby invitation is just to cute. Lovin all the challenge MOJO!

RobbynW said...

Great image and love the bling!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, this card just POPS!!!! Beautiful color combo and can't wait to see the PDC creation!

Laurel said...

Love this!!! BTW, my internet crashes everytime I visit your site for some reason???

Gwen said...

Love your wedding cake card! Great use of the colors. Your baby shower invitation is just adorable!

Julie Ranae said...

Savvy...you make me smile! Your blog is fun and full of energy ; )

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Love the clean and simple design!

NinaB said...

You are on fire, Savannah. I love what you did with these challenges and using that bird image for a baby shower. brilliant!

farmhouse-story said...

supper sweet! love the colors, too!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Your wedding card is FANTASTIC!!! I love everything about it!!!

Deanne SP Diva

Holly Young said...

wow, I love your wedding card. The little baby shower invitation is just delightful!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card! Great job! Thanks for playing along at SPCC!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sav! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)