22 April 2010

PDCC26 {post 3}

Hello, friends:}


**If you are looking for my Growing with Unity--scroll down!! 
**If you are looking for my Nina Brackett/Squigglefly--scroll down!!




Hello hello! I am super super excited to share this card with you! There is a new color challenge over at The Play Date Cafe! These colors are very southwestern. We also have another Celebrity Guest Designer with us--Jen Tapler! We have a great sponsor as well- Mod Podge Rocks (Amy Anderson). If you haven't been to either of these sites--you must visit them after my post!! 


For my card, I used watermark ink with Unity's postcard wood stamp. I love how vintage it makes my card feel just by stamping--and it could be more vintage with a brown ink/etc. I also used a woodgrain stamp with watermark ink on my gray paper. The butterfly is also from Unity's 100% Happy set. The pink/cream paper is actually coral metallic paper. LOVE it! I thought it was the perfect hint of happiness. The charm or metal piece was purchased at JoAnn Fabrics...and I don't even know what it is--I think it was supposed to be part of a necklace or jewelry piece. I picked it up about six months ago...I knew I would need it one day! I love love love this card! 


Be sure to stop by all the other FAB DT members' blogs to see what they created! WOWZA--lots of creative stuff going on! Leave some love for them:}


Jen Tapler {Celebrity Guest DT}
Lisa Somerville
Sarah Anderson
Stephanie Kraft
Ruby 2 Shoes
Mona Pendleton
Suzanne Czosek
Julie Ranae
Savannah O'Gwynn {that's me...and I'm your host this week!}


Be sure to stop by the Cafe for complete deets on this challenge! The challenge will end at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, April 27! Can't wait to see what you make!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Love visiting with you! Be blessed:}
Until next time~
Love, Sav

21 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Savannah! Love that ornate frame!

Julie Ranae said...

Wonderful interpretation, Sav! Really do love your creativity : )

Audra said...

sooo pretty!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Sav that butterfly is sooooooooooo stunning! And looks fabulous on your jewellery finding. Great card :)

farmhouse-story said...

just perfect for the challenge, savannah! love the wood grain!

StampinCathy said...

I just love your take on this challenge. Another beautiful card.

de said...

So beautiful Sav! Love it!

Ruby said...

Love how you've interpreted the colours and the jewellery type element on your card. Gorgeous butterfly too! Will be back over next few days to have a longer look around at your lovely creations!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great vintage card! The added jewelry piece is a wonderful embellishment!

Unknown said...

What a timeless and beautiful card!!! Thank you for sharing your fantastic talent and putting so much delight into peoples lives!

Unknown said...

How wonderful, Sav! Love the woodgrain and postage stamp - great vintage look and metal charm is a perfect finishing touch!!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow, that card is absolutely gorgeous!

~kelly marie~ said...

WOW! This is stunning!

NinaB said...

This is beautiful, Savannah. I love that frame against the woodgrain.

Suzanne C said...

Really Lovely! Love the ornate frame and love that you used the woodgrain too! :)

Angie Blom said...

OH I really love this one.. I love the postcard and the wood grain.. such a wonderful pair together!!

Unknown said...

Oooooh aaaaaah, that ornate frame (?) is such a nice touch on this card...love how you used the wood grain...lovely!!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Love the post card card! Way cute`

Anonymous said...

So cool to use that charm!!!

lisa a.

SmilynStef said...

Love how you combined all of the different elements into your design ... the whole is really greater than the sum of its parts ... gorgeous.

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card, too! That bracket from Joann's is FABULOUS and I love how your card looks like it is stamped with postage. The woodgrain is also a FAB touch!