12 October 2011

Authentique card

Hello, friends:}


***Please scroll down or click HERE for my Swimming for Katie card! 


I have a quick post for you tonight--I made this Holiday card using the Authentique card sketch. I have to explain that I did use the sketch for this card....but I went a bit crazy and moved some of the pieces around! I couldn't believe it when I finished my card--it doesn't look anything like what I sketched out! LOL! Hope it still counts:} I used my Authentique Wonder collection along with my Hot Concoctions Paper Smooches images. And I LOVE this ribbon {available at The Ribbon Carousel}- it's perfect for Holiday cards! LOVE how this turned out--and I have to admit...I don't drink coffee or tea...so I was unsure if my fluff on the top of this cup was right (but I think it looks cute, so I kept it!). 
And just in case you wanted to know "How in the world did this match the sketch?"....
That's it for me today. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another PDCC creation--LOVE it! And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Use this image for your inspiration!!! Can't wait to see what you make! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

22 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

cute mix of papers and the cup looks yummy, savannah!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute card! :)

Create It Simply said...

LOL! I totally saw how it fit the sketch even w/o seeing it explained. Love it!!

Julie Ranae said...

I just got this Authentique collection and now you've inspired me to play with it : ))

Unknown said...

This is a feast for the eyes. I love everything about it...wonderful card. Creativity is such a blessing, isn't it?

Lindsey said...

No worries, I can see where the sketch is hiding in this card! What a fabulous mix of awesome papers, bold ribbon, and sweet images!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this... I so want that Paper Smooches set and now I need to get cracking on that sketch....so much to do, so little time!

Ashley Newell said...

This is SOOOOO cute! That would be adorable for a Starbucks gift card or if you put a pack of hot chocolate in there! Your take on this sketch blows mine out of the water! Super duper cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love!!!

Margie Higuchi said...

Love all the elements in this card - WOW!

TROG said...

I gotta say those papers/ribbon play with my brain... almost like an optical illusion. Did you do that on purpose? Top3

jen said...

Oooooh! love this!!

Lindsay said...

What a warm fuzzy feeling kind of card Sav! LOVE the papers and those stamps!

Angie Blom said...

LOVE.. LOVE..LOVE.. i LOVE the colours, the theme.. just everything. one amazing card!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Look at that froth! Very touchable. :) Cute papers and ribbon too. Hey, I just realized you are on 4 DTs! Wow, Sav! How do you do it? Hugs!

Tifany said...

Fabulous! {And I absolutely see the sketch in it!}

Thanks for playing along in Authentique Paper's Sketch Challenge!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
{Authentique Paper DT Coordinator}

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a fun, gift card holder! So warm and inviting and utterly delicious!

Emily Leiphart said...

Sav, you are brilliant! I love how you used Hot Concoctions for that sketch. The cream is delicious!

lisa arana said...

this is just so gorgeous!!!! beautiful paper and I love the stamp choice.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this! I have that stamp set and have yet to use it. Working full time sure makes it hard to find time to craft.

~amy~ said...

This is incredibly DELISH!!!!

Ruby said...

Ooh this is my FAVE so far, send it to me, send it to me lol. LOVE EVERYTHING about it!!