25 October 2011

RCC 26- BOO!

Hello, friends:}

This is the last challenge for the Inaugural Ribbon Carousel Crew and a new Crew will be starting next week! RCC has some surprises in store so be sure to come back to see! Here's a little peek at a new product debuting next week as well, that will make your ribbon storage sooooo much easier...


This week, around the globe, people are celebrating Halloween! A favorite, hauntingly delightful holiday, Halloween inspires lots of different images! Ashley is challenging us to make anything that is Inspired by Halloween for this week’s Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC26). It could be a costume, card, decoration.
This week we have thesuper fun EAD Designs as our sponsor!
For one lucky participant, a gift pack of EAD Designs products is up for grabs!


I'm going to be honest with ya...I do not decorate my house or yard for holidays. I don't have time to go out and buy the decorations, and I don't have time to put it up. I also don't have the money! LOL! So my house looks the same all year round...that's kind of boring now that I think about it! Maybe one day I will decorate. 

So for this RCC challenge, I decided to make a small decoration for my studio (possibly Trav's studio). I wanted to make a small banner to hang on our computer screen...so I spelled out the sentiment and added some bat images from my Sweet Stamp Shop set Halloween Owl-fits. So cute! I attached everything to my Halloween twine (available HERE from The Ribbon Carousel). LOVE how this turned out! It's the perfect decoration for our studio--and it's easy to store! Just fold up and put in an envelope! **I need to remember where I store this envelope so I WILL decorate next year;)
 Here is a close-up of the alphas and bats. This is a rather small banner--about 3 inches tall and 20 inches long. 
The RCC team would love for you to join in the fun this week! Here are the details:
  • Make your NEW creation following the ribbon carousel challenge (sketch, inspiration, style or color) image. Be sure to include some type of ribbon, twine, hemp, lace....basically, anything that comes on a spool.
  • Your creation can be ANYTHING from cards, quilts, sewn items, paper crafts, paintings! ***Be sure to have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, thread (basically anything that comes on a spool) on your creation! And be sure to follow the RCC challenge theme!
  • Load your creation up onto your blog or a public viewing forum like SplitcoastStampers, (use the keyword RCC26) with a direct link back to The RCC blog post. Including the challenge graphic isn't a requirement, but sure is appreciated! A participant of our very first challenge didn't link back or mention our challenge and couldn't be named Top Spool, so don't let that happen to you!
  • Come back to The RCC blog post and link in your creation using the Inlinkz button at the bottom of this post. Your image may take a little while to pop up but don't worry it will appear shortly.
  • Be sure to come back the Friday after the challenge ends to see if YOU are a Top Spool! :D
This Challenge will end on October 31st at 11:59pm EST.

I really hope you will play along! Please stop by the RCC blog for more details, more projects from the RCC DT, and to link up your creation! Also, please head over to The Ribbon Carousel website and check out their products!!!

Before I go--  The Ribbon Carousel is also selling ribbon kits! LOVE--what a great idea. October's kit has a beautiful color palette and beautiful textures! FUN! Here are some links to the kits on the RCC website.

October Ribbon Club Kit $9.25 **20 yards of ribbon and twine
3 months of Ribbon Club Kits $27.00 **Get the current month and the next two months! Great price!
6 months of Ribbon Club Kits $49.95 **Get the current month and the next five months!











And check these Ribbon Carousels out....oh my! I cannot wait to get one of these! It's an 8 post ribbon carousel! LOOOOOOOOOVE! There is also a 4 post ribbon carousel that can hold up to 96 3/8 inch spools of ribbon! 


Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
Photobucket

13 comments:

yyam said...

Ooh...this is super cute Savannah! :)

Lindsay said...

Love your garland Sav! I don't decorate much either for the same reasons! But this little number would be perfectly simple and fabulous to do! Great job!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh my goodness so I love your banner!!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

What a fantastic little banner! Glad you've inspired yourself to do a bit 'o Halloween decorating! the bats are so cool!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hee hee, this is fun! Love it! Fun decoration, dear Sav!
Hugs, Wendy

Andrea M said...

Dear sweet Sav! What can I say other than that I am so lame!!! I'm so sorry about missing out on all the fabulousness over here!! Not to fear, I've been making up for lost time!!! This banner is AMAZING!! It's one of my favorite banners, EVAH!!! Great job friend! You ROCK!

~Tammy~ said...

This is adorable~ What a cute idea!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fantastic project, Sav! How wonderfully creative and wonderfully spooky! Absolute clever use of the twine...you are so smart!

farmhouse-story said...

this is so very cute, savannah! love the little bats:)

Angi Barrs said...

Check out those adorable little bats. Too darn cute. :)

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Sav! SO much better than any store-bought decoration. Sorry to hear you'll be leaving RCC -- I enjoy your creations for them! Of course, I like all your creations. ;)

lisa arana said...

ooooh, very cool. adore the fun little bats.

Emily Leiphart said...

Such a cute little banner! I love those little bats!