20 October 2011

PDCC 104- 2nd Year Anniversary

Hello, friends:}

Today is a special day for the Play Date Cafe--we are celebrating our 2nd year of fun color stories! Happy anniversary, PDCC!!! And we are staring a brand new color story and we super special sponsors for our 2nd anniversary challenge--Layers of Color, Sweet Stamp Shop, and The Twinery
I wanted to create a sweet baby card using my new Layers of Color Polka Dot Parade images. I just love that elephant! But he was too big for my card. So I tried the giraffe, also too big. Then I saw that teeny tiny snail! Perfect:) I used this ribbon from The Ribbon Carousel as an accent. LOVE it! 
So sorry for the angle of the card--I couldn't get the sentiment to stand out. Plus now you can see all the polka dots on the color blocks and the snail.

That's it for me....but be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for complete details and prize information! The PDCC sponsor this week is Layers of ColorSweet Stamp Shop, and The Twinery. And don't forget to stop by all the other PDCC DT members' blogs-- AMAZING!!! 
Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:}

Photobucket

19 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh soooooo fabulous, I love the snail.

Vanessa said...

Hi you sweet girl! This card is so so cute! I love this striped ribbon! Thank you so much for always taking the time to leave sweet comments on my blog - you make my day :) Vanessa x

yyam said...

This is sooooo pretty! Love the grids and the cute snail!:)

Basement Stamper said...

Love this baby card and the addition of the bitty snail!

Stacy said...

Cute baby card! Love the blocks of color :)

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous colors on this! :)

Lindsay said...

This is so cute Sav! Love the LO and the way you used the colors!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Dynamic design, Savannah! Fantastic card!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Adorable - that little snail reminds me of that card you made where you stamped on the button. Anyway, LOVE how you used the colors and gave him white accents.

farmhouse-story said...

sweet baby card--love the embossing and the cute snail!

Marlena M. said...

Adorable wittle snail! Such a sweet card. ;)

Lindsey said...

Love this card! It's so refreshing in its non-traditional colours.

lisa arana said...

I always LOVE your creative ideas. Fabulously cute.

Anna-Karin said...

Such a cute card! Love the embossed squares and that cute snail. TFS!

Ruby said...

I LOVE the simplicity of these, I'm so gonna have to copy lol

Ally said...

Love this card. It's so perfect and pretty. ;-) So sweet and beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity of this Savannah! And the sweet little snail...TOO CUTE!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your embossed, color blocks, girl! And that sweet, little snail just puts this one over the top!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Sav! It's the perfect baby card. I love the colour blocks with that bow and the little snail!