22 September 2011

PDCC #100

Hello, friends:}

Hoooooray for another fun day over at the Play Date Cafe! Today starts a brand new color story-pastels! And we have a new sponsor--Lawn Fawn!! 
This new color story made me think of fall and Thanksgiving. I received Blissful Botanicals from Lawn Fawn {THANK YOU!}, and the sentiment was perfect for my card sketch/idea! I created a fairly CAS card with just patterned paper to match the two orange hues, and then I paper pieced the leaves together with some white flowers and gems. I added the sentiment in the circle with a glittered butterfly. Easy!  I used more oranges than green because I wanted just a hint for the leaves. 
That's it for me....but be sure to stop by the PDCC blog for complete details and prize information! The PDCC sponsor this week is Lawn Fawn. And don't forget to stop by all the other PDCC DT members' blogs-- AMAZING!!! 

Thanks for stopping by! Be blessed:} 
Photobucket

16 comments:

yyam said...

So pretty! Love the simplicity and freshness of this card Savannah! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Saw this at PDCC and just wanted to come here and say what a beauty I think it is!

Andrea Ewen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sav...love the muted colors, they're so serene and warm! Fabulous work cutting out those sprigs, too...they look splendid next to those white flowers. And you know I love sparkle....sweet butterfly!
Beautiful, as always... ♥

farmhouse-story said...

love your design on this cute card, savannah!

~amy~ said...

This is such a cutie pie card!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is so gorgeous, Sav! Love the pretty colors and the way you positioned things around the circle! The dangling butterfly is true perfection to me! Sooooo lovely!
Hugs from San Francisco!
Wendy

Faye said...

Your patterned paper is so gorgeous, Savannah and I love the flower with leaves. Very nice.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this... you could take this layout and run with it... and you're on a krafty roll!

Angi Barrs said...

I love the circle cut out on this Sav! :)

Lindsey said...

That patterned paper is just made for this challenge, isn't it! What a perfect design, and I love that glittery butterfly.

lisa arana said...

Totally in my top faves of yours!!! LOVE that cut out and the super cute little butterfly!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Savannah! Love the crisp clean look of it! Also glad to see you used the softer color tones too :)

Fiona said...

This is so lovely Savvy - very calming I think - perfect way to say thanks!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful layout of colors! I love that glittered butterfly. ;)

Stacy said...

Great card girly :) Love the circle in the middle for the sentiment!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that open window for your sentiment! And those big polka dots keep the playful, Lawn Fawn style in tack! Such a beautiful card!